Life is about change. Some days you're the dog in the sun, other days you're sitting your cold ass in the shade. If you're not changing, you're getting left behind.
In the spirit of change I'm going through a change of my own. I'm on the verge of a new merge, a new opportunity to find out if I have what it requires to succeed. I've made a life altering decision that's not for the faint of heart; a decision that will move me from my comfort zone and my life as I know it today. I'm in pursuit of happiness, success and knowledge. Today, everything looks great from the outside looking in (if you're only grazing by), but for those that have stopped to stare they see the problem. They see a person who has become comfortable in being mediocre. I can be honest with myself and say "Yes, I've settled for barely getting by because I've been unwilling to challenge myself or the status quo." I've been left behind.
I'm scared. Don't get used to me saying that, but that is the first emotion that comes to mind right now. Most people are scared to fail, but this fear is what keeps us in situations we know aren't good for us or our spirits. I may be scared, but I have to push forward. I've seconded guessed my decision more times than I'm willing to share. I've felt that mediocre voice inside of me say "...but it's a recession and things are tight. You may not succeed." There is some truth in that statement, but change doesn't consider the economy. Change doesn't work 9-5.
Today is the first day of my new beginning. Reinvent. Enjoy the process. Succeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment